Rice cooked with bamboo shoots
I have another serving of even several cups
- 2 1/2 (600ml) cups rice
- 2 root part of boiled bamboo shoots (1 inch high each)
- 2 x 4 inch Kombu
- sake, mirin, salt, soy sauce
- Wash rice and rinse well. And drain.
- Cut bamboo shoots into thin rectangules of 1/2 inch x 1 inch.
- Put rice, Kombu, bamboo shoot, 2 1/2 cups water into electric rice cooker. Add 3 tablespoons sake, 1 tablespoon mirin, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. It's better to soak Kombu in 2 1/2 cups water overnight.
- Switch on rice cooker. When the rice is cooked, take away Kombu and mix lightly. Fill a bowl with rice and sprinkle finely cut laver. If you don't have the rice cooker, see Directions 4 in How to cook rice.