Simmered Japanese butterbur
It is simmered dish which full of fragrances of bittersweet spring.
- 1 bunch Japanese butterbur
- 1 2/3 cups (400ml) soup stock
- sake, mirin, salt, soy sauce
- Prepare big pot, and cut Japanese butterbur into shorter than diameter of pot.
- Rub Japanese butterbur with salt on the cutting board.
- Boil enough water (a copper pot is more better, because Japanese butterbur become bright green).
- Put Japanese butterbur in thickness order and boil 2-3 minutes.
- Soak boiled Japanese butterbur in cold water, and string.
- Cut Thick part lenghtwise into four, and cut it into 2 inch pieces.
- Boil 1 2/3 cups (400ml) soup stock, add Japanese butterbur, 2 tablespoons sake, 1 tablespoon mirin and a pinch of salt and soy sauce.
- Boil again, take harshness carefully.
- Stop to heat, leave overnight.