Simmered royal fern
Tastiness of dried royal fern
- reconstituted royal fern
- 3 cups soup stock
- sake, mirin, soy sauce, salt
- Put handful dried royal fern (expand to five times after soaking in water) and fully water in pot, heat and stop to heat just before boiling.
- Drain off royal fern by colander, put it and fully water in pot again, heat and stop to heat just before boiling.
- Leave it alone until cold completely.
- Keep water drop one by one from faucet, soak royal fern in water overnight.
- Bunch royal fern and cut into 2 inch.
- Boil 3 cups soup stock, add royal fern.
- Boil again, take harshness carefully.
- Add 3 tablespoons sake, 1 tablespoon mirin, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, a pinch of salt, when boil again, stop to heat.