Simmered squid stuffed with rice
Yasuko-san's mother "Kimi-san" tried this dish in the first time, when she bought the pressure cooker.
- 5 (small sized) surume-ika (Japanese common squid)
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice"mochi-gome"
- 4 inch Kombu
- sake, mirin, sugar, soy sauce, salt
- Put Kombu into the pressure cooker and pour 2 cups water. Leave for 1 hour.
- Wash glutinous rice and soak in water for 1 hour. And drain.
- Remove arms, guts and cartilage out of squid, and wash inside. Stuff squid with 2 teaspoons of glutinous rice and fasten hem with the toothpick. Don't stuff too much, because glutinous rice swell twice and squid shrink.
- Put squid into the pressure cooker. Add 2 tablespoons sake, 1 tablespoon mirin, 1 tablespoon sugar and a pinch of salt and a little bit soy sauce. Put drop-lid on the ingredients and cover with lid and heat. After weight of pressure cooker start to turn, boil for 10 minutes and stop to heat. When pressure become flat, take off lid. Simmer for more 10 minutes until well seasoned.