A side dish with full of nutritive substance
- 1 cup dried hijiki (expand to three times)
- 10 taro (small sized)
- 1 sheet deep-fried tofu (abura-age)
- 1/2 cups soup stock
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- sake, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, salt
- Wash hijiki. Soak into water for 20 minutes and drain.
- Put abura-age on colander, pour boiling water, cut into 1/4 inch (See Picture).
- Pare taro and cut into 1/4 inch.
- Put sesame oil in frying pan, and heat. Fry hijiki for a while and put abura-age and taro, and fry. Add soup stock, 3 tablespoons sake, 1 tablespoon mirin, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Cover with drop-lid , simmer until taro become soft.