It is this to occur speaking of vegetarian cooking
- 1 blocks (3/4 pound:340g) tofu
- katakuriko : potato starch (if you don't have katakuriko, use wheat flour)
- 2 inch radish
- 3 tablespoons soup stock, 1 tablespoon mirin and soy sauce
drain off tofu
- Drain off tofu.
- Cut tofu into two, and cut it into 3 pieces (See picture).
- Put katakuriko into tea strainer, dust katakuriko all over tofu.
- Heat oil to 170 degrees, and deep-fry tofu for 3 minutes.
- Grate radish.
- Boil 3 tablespoons soup stock, 1 tablespoon mirin and soy sauce in pan.
- Arrange (4) on serving plate and pour (6). Garnish grated radish.