Marinated deep-fried eggplant
If a small eggplant is available, I am at a loss which cooking I will make.
- 20 eggplants (small size)
- sesame oil
- 1/4 cups soy sauce and mirin
- 1 cup soup stock
- 3 red peppers
Cut calyx of eggplant
- Wash eggplant, cut only calyx, cut cross (see picture).
- Boil water.
- Heat oil to 170 degrees, and deep-fry eggplant for 3 minutes, and put on Japanese colander.
- Pour boiling water in (3), put eggplant on flat container in order.
- Put 1/4 cups mirin into saucepan, and heat.
- When it is boiling, add 1/4 cups soy sauce and soup stock. Again boiling, pour into (4). Put 3 cone peppers.
- Leave for 1 hour. More better for 12 hours.