Cucumber with sakekasu
I hope to eat this dish every day in the hot season...
- 2 cucumber or 1 thick cucumber "katauri"
- vinegar water (a little of rice vinegar and 1 cup water)
- 2 tablespoons sakekasu
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- a pinch of sugar
- Wash cucumber and slice. (If you use thick cucumber, pare lengthwise into four or five lines. Cut lengthwise into four, remove seed and slice.) Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and leave for a while.
- When cucumber becomes soft, soak into vinegar water and squeeze well.
- Mix cucumber, 2 tablespoons sakekasu, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar and a pinch of sugar.