Akazuki becomes surprisingly bright red when pickle it to vinegar.
- a bunch of akazuki
- rice vinegar
- soup stock
- sugar, salt, soy sauce
- Wash akazuki, cut into 8 inch, peel by hand with soaking in water.
- Cut into 1 inch, soak in water.
- Drain off akazuki, put enameled pan and parch for 2 -3 minutes.
- When akazuki becomes droop, pour 3 tablespoons rice vinegar and wash it.
- Pour 1/2 cups of rice vinegar, sugar and soup stock, 1 teaspoon salt, a little od soy sauce in receptacle, soak zuiki. It become vivid red for a while.