Braized Kiriboshi-daikon and dried Shiitake mushroom
- 50g kiriboshi-daikon (dried slivered radish)
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms (soak in water)
- 1 sheet deep-fried tofu "abura-age"
- sake, soy sauce, sugar
- sesame oil
cut deep-fried tofu
- Soak kiriboshi-daikon in just enough water to cover till soft (after 30 minutes: expand to 4 or 5 times), cut into 1 inch.
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms. Squeeze out water and cut off stems. Cut into thin strips. Keep the water used for soaking to be used for soup stock.
- Pour boiling water over abura-age to remove excess oil. Cut in half lengthwise and cut each piece into 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat sesame oil in frying pan. Saute kiriboshi-daikon over high heat; add abura-age and dried shiitake mushrooms and saute further. Add 1/2 cup soup stock of dried shiitake mushrooms, 1 tablespoon sake, soy sauce and sugar. Cover with lid and cook until all liquid is absorbed over low heat.