Sauteed lotus root
Crispy side dish
- 7 onces lotus root
- 2 tablespoons baby sardine ("chirimen-jako") or ground chicken
- sake, soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- Pour water into the bowl and add 1 tablespoon rice vinegar.
- Wash lotus root and pare, then cut into four wadges. Cut the wedges crosswise into 1/10 inch very thick slices. Sliced lotus root soak into vinegar water as soon as slice.
- If you use the ground chicke, fly lightly and put plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in frying pan. Saute lotus root over high heat; add 2 tablespoons dried baby sardines or flyed ground chicke, 1 tablespoon sake, 2/3 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon mirin and saute further.