Vinegared lotus root
The tooth feeling is the best
- 7 onces lotus root
- 3 red peppers
- 1/2 cup soup stock
- rice vinegar, sugar
- Pour water into the bowl and add 1 tablespoon rice vinegar.
- Wash lotus root and pare, then cut into four wadges. Cut the wedges crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Sliced lotus root soak into vinegar water as soon as slice.
- Put lotus root and 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, pour 1 cups boiling water and heat. Boil until lotus root become transparent (2 or 3 minutes) and drain.
- Cut dried red pepper off tips of both ends and squeeze out seeds under water.
- Put lotus root, 3 dried red peppers, 1/2 cup rice vinegar, 1/2 cup soup stock, 2 tablespoons sugar in the flat vessel and leave for a overnight.