Vinegared beated burdock
Taste soaks into a burdock so as to swat it
- 1 (thick type) or 2 (thin type) burdock
- sweet vinegar dressing
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup soup stock
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a pinch of salt
- a little of soy sauce
- white sesame
- Make sweet vinegar dressing. Put rice vinegar, soup stock, sugar, salt and soy sauce in the pan. Heat. When boil, stop to heat and cool.
- Wash burdock with a scrubbing brush and scrape off rind with the back of knife.
- Cut burdock into 1 1/2 inch length and soak in water for a while.
- Boil burdock in the pan for 2 or 3 minutes. The time of boiling is adjusted to one's taste in consistency.
- Put boiled burdock into the plastic bag and beat bag on the cutting board with a wooden pestle until burdock becomes soft. Soak burdock in sweet vinegar dressing for half a day.
- Arrange burdock on serving plate and sprinkle roasted white sesame.