Sauteed burdock and beef
A burdock may soften by a smell of the meat
- 1 (thick type) or 2 (thin type) burdock
- 3 ounces thin slices of beef
- sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar or mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sake
- Wash burdock with a scrubbing brush and scrape off rind with the back of knife. Soak burdock shavings immediately in water (See picture).
- Cut beef into thin strips.
- Heat sesame oil in saucepan. Saute beef quickly over high heat and once take out. Saute burdock. Add soy sauce, sake and sugar or mirin.