Simmered cod roe
Manners are bad, but it is the deliciousness that it covers rice with this, and it is not stopped eating.
- 1 mako : pacific cod roe
- 2 inch Kombu
- sake, mirin, sugar, soy sauce, salt
- Put Kombu in pan and pour 2 cups water. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash mako by salty water. Cut it lenghtwise into two, width into 1 inch.
- Put mako into pan (1) and heat.
- Simmer over a high flame for a while, then mako warp, so add 2 tablespoons sake, 1 tablspoon mirin, sugar and soy sauce and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 30 minutes over a low flame.