Sugar flavored kidney beans
In the winter, simmered beans made a rattling sound on the stove and it smell hung in the house in my grandma's home. Only I remember its scene, then my heart is getting warm with great satisfaction.
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 2/3 cup sugar
- salt, soy sauce
- Wash Kintoki-mame well.
- Put Kintoki-mame in sauce pan and pour 2 cups water and heat. Once the water is boiling over, stop to heat.
- Drain off the water from Kintoki-mame.
- Put Kintoki-mame in a thermos bottle, pour 2 cups boiling water and add 1/2 teaspoon salt (Salt makes no wrinkle on the surface of bean). Keep for half a day.
- After half a day, empty the Kintoki-mame and hot water out of a thermos bottle into a pan. Simmer until bean was crushed by fingers.
- Add 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a little of soy sauce, simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Put pan into a thermal box, keep for 2 hours.