Simmered yellowtail and radish in miso
Golden combination in Hokuriku winter
- 1 pound yellowtail's ara : head, bone, guts, gills
- 1 radish
- 3/4 cup (180ml) rice bran
- miso, sake
Round off the sharp edge
- Cut radish crosswise into rounds (1-inch thick) and pare. Round off the sharp edge of the cut ends to prevent crumbling while cooking (See picture).
- Put radish into pressure cooker and pour water as height as radish. Put rice bran, cover with drop-lid and heat. After weight begin to turn, boil for 3 minutes and turn off heat. When pressure become flat, take out radish.
- Wash yellowtail by salty water and boil lightly in the broth of radish.
- Put radish into earthen pot and pour water as height as radish and heat. When water comes to boil, put yellowtail and add 1 cups sake. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- When radish become soft, add 2 tablespoons miso and simmer for a while.