Simmered sweet potato and potherb mustard
In my home, as for these boiled vegetables, it is always true with miso taste.
- 1 sweet potato (about 1/2 pound : 230 g)
- a bunch of potherb mustard "mizuna"
- 1 sheet deep-fried tofu (thin type)
- 5 or 6 dried small sardines
- mirin, miso, salt
- Boil some water in the pan. Add a pinch of salt. Boil potherb mustard quickly. Soak boiled potherb mustard into the cold water. Drain off. Cut into a little more than 1 inch length.
- Wash sweet potato. Cut in round slices of 1/2 inch. Soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Spread deep-fried tofu on the colander. Pour boiling water for remove excess oil. Cut into a bite pieces.
- Put sweet potato and 5 or 6 dried small sardines. Pour 1 cup water and heat.
- When water comes to boil, put potherb mustard and deep-fried tofu. Add 1 tablespoon mirin and miso. Simmer with a small lid resting directly on the sweet potato for 5 minutes over low heat. Stop to heat and keep for 30 minutes.