Sashimi - squid
I am very happy to eat cooked rice with sashimi of squid.
- squid (Yasuko-san use swordtip squid or big fin reef squid)
- 2 or 3 shiso leaves
- Cut back of squid along cartilage (take care not to cut cartilage) and open. Take the cartilage, arm,fin and guts out of squid and peel and wash lightly.
- Dry body and fin lightly with kitchen towel and cut like a picture.
- Wash arm with salt water. Cut one by one and dry lightly with kitchen towel.
- Wash shiso leaves and drain.
- Grate ginger.
- Place shiso leaves in a serving dish, arrange squid slice and add grated ginger on the side. Garnish sashimi pieces with a bit of ginger and dip into soy sauce before eating.
How to make kobu-jime?
Arrange squid slices on the Kombu. And put one more Kombu on. Wrap in a clear-plastic wrap and leave overnight.