Simmered meat and potatoes
Typical Japanese mom's home cooking
- 3 potatoes (middle size)
- 1 carrot (big size)
- 2 onions (middle size)
- 1 pack konjak (string type)
- 3 ounces (90g) sliced beef
- sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups soup stock
- soy sauce, sake, mirin, salt
- Peel onion and slice into 5mm. Pare carrot and potato, cut into a bite pieces. Cut beef into a bite pices. Boil konjak for 2 minutes and drain off.
- Heat sesame oil in the pan. Saute beef over high heat quickly and once take out. Saute half sliced onion well. When onion become soft, saute the rest of onion, potato, carrot. Add 1 1/2 cups soup stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon mirin, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sake, a pinch of salt. Simmer for more 5 minutes, and put into thermal box. Keep for 2 hours.
- Before eat, garnish boiled green peas is pleasant to the eye.