Vinegared sparkling enop squid with miso sauce
hitomoji to sparkling enop squid
- 5 (per person) Boiled sparkling enop squid
It is better that you buy boiled sparkling enop squid, becaust it is so small easy to go bad. It means also boiled when squid is more fresher.
- a bunch of hitomoji (like scalion)
Hitomoji is a kind of scalion and it seemed to be eated in some regions of Japan. When boil it and it comes slimy. It is good taste its plane.
- 1 mioga
- nihaizu for preparation (2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soup stock, a pinch of salt, a little of soy sauce)
- vinegared sauce (2 tablespoons white miso, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 tablespoon mustard)
take eyes and cartilage
- Wash sparkling enop squid by salty water. Take eyes and black part around eye like picture. Pinch the tip of fin by nails and pull out cartilage. Wash lightly and soak into nihaizu.
- Cut hitomoji into 1 inch length.
- Boil hitomoji lightly (about 1 minutes) with a pinch of salt and drain. When it comes cool, soak into nihaizu.
- Put white miso, rice vinegar and sugar in thick saucepan and boil down to a thick sauce. At last, put mustard and stir.
- Arrange squid and hitomoji and pour vinegared miso with mustard.