Simmered sweet potato and grilled welsh onion
Sweet & Snackness combinationof ofgrilled leek and sweet.
- 1 sweet potato (about 1/2 pound : 230 g)
- 3 welsh onion
- sugar, mirin, soy sauce, salt
- Wash welsh onion and grill on a gridiron until it begins to brown (about 10 minutes)
- Wash sweet potato and cut in round slices of 1/2 inch. Soak in water for 5 minutes.
- Put sweet potato into pan and pour water as height as sweet potato. When sweet potato thoroughly cook (about 5 minutes), add 1tablesoon sugar 1/2 tablespoon mirin, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and serve sweet potato in a bowl.
- Cut grilled welsh onion into 2 inch and put into pan. Simmer welsh onion in the broth for 2 - 3 minutes.
The secret of good cooking
- The absorbency varies with the sweet potato, so be careful not to burned and stuck!