Lightly-pickled Chinese cabbage
Pickles with a lot of yuzu in the cold season.
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 yuzu (aromatic citron)
- 1/2 inch x 2 inch kombu
- salt : 3% of Chinese cabbage weight
- Remove core of Chinese cabbage. Cut Chinese cabbage into 1/2 inch x 1 inch strips along the fiber.
- Pare yuzu. Cut peel of yuzu into fine pieces. Press juice out of a yuzu.
- Cut Kombu into fine pieces with scissors.
- Put Chinese cabbage, peel of yuzu and yuzu juice, Kombu and salt into receptacle, mix ingredients lightly. Push dowm on material with weight and keep for 24 hours.