Kimi-san's corn soup
When I was child, all relative came together for the event such as New Year's Day or the festival on my grand-pa and grand-ma's house. At that time grand-ma Kimi (Yasuko-san's mother) always made this soup for grandchildren. I take a sip and I recall the merry scene.
Ingredients (for 3-4 persons)
- a can of corn (cream) about 8 ounce
- 1 cup water
- 1 consomme soup cube
- 1 block tofu
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon katakuriko (potato starch)
- Put the contents of the can of corn and consommÈ soup cube into the pan. Pour 1 cup of water and heat.
- When it becomes boil, cut tofu into 1/2 x 1/2 x 1 inch blocks and put.
- When it becomes boil again, pour beat egg with stirring by ladle.
- Add dissolved katakuriko in same amount of water. Mix lightly.