Simmered satoimo and squid
Even soy sauce taste is miso taste, but please for your preference
- 15 taro: a kind of taro
- 2 big sized Japanese common squid
- sake, mirin, sugar, soy sauce (Cooking with miso instead of soy sauce is also tasty.)
- Pare satoimo.
- Take the arm and guts out of squid, wash inside. Cut in round slices of 1/2 inch.
- Put satoimo and squid into pressure cooker. Add 1 tablespoon sake and mirin, 1/2 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or 1/2 tablespoon miso).
- Cover with drop-lid and cover with lid and heat.
- When weight start to turn, stop to heat. Water over the pressure cooker. When pressure become flat, take off lid and take away squid.
- Again cover with drop-lid and cover with lid and heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes with low heat after weight started to turn, and stop to heat.
- If cook with miso, add 1/2 tablespoons miso and simmer for more 1 minutes.