Tofu paste with vegetables
To make tofu paste properly needs a lot of time and effort. But if you spare no effort, you can make authentic taste.
- Tufu paste
- a half cake of Tofu (about 170g = 6oz)
- 1/2 cup white sesame paste
- Ingredients (select 1 cup ingredients in consideration for coloring)
- ito konjak
- lotus root
- dried shiitake
- boiled bamboo shoot
- sauce (3 tablespoons soup stock : 1 tablespoon mirin : 1 tablespoon soy sauce)
- Make tofu paste: boil tufu 2 or 3 minutes with a pinch of salt and drain. Mix tofu and white sesame paste before tofu gets cold.
- Prepare ingredients
- Ito konjak: Boil for 2 or 3 minutes with a pinch of salt and drain. Cut into 1 inch length.
- Carrot: Pare and slice crosswise into quarter-rounds. Boil quickly with a pinch of salt.
- Lotus root: Same as carrot.
- Dried shiitake: Soak into water half an hour. Remove hard tip, cut in half and slice.
- Spinach: Boil quickly with a pinch of salt and squeeze. Cut into 1 inch length.
- Boiled bamboo shoot: Slice into rectangules of 1/2 inch x 1 inch.
- After soak prepared ingredients into sauce, drain lightly and put into tufu paste. Serve in a bowl.
Tofu paste with mountain vegetables like a kogomi or royal fern are also good dishes in spring.