Sauteed eggplant and green pepper with miso
When it is a hot season, this appear on a dining table frequently.
- 3 eggplant
- 5 green pepper
- 5 green shiso leaves
- sesame oil
- sugar, sake, miso (It's good to use Shiso miso substitute for seasonings)
- Remove stems from eggplant and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut green pepper in two and remove stems and seeds. Cut into a bite-sized pieces.
- Cut shiso leaves into fine strips.
- Heat sesame oil in frying pan. Saute eggplant. When eggplant becomes soft, add green pepper and saute until all ingredients are well done. Add 1 tablespoon sugar, sake and mirin. Mix shredded shiso leaves.