Sauteed and simmered chicken and vegetables
We want to inherit taste of this mother forever.
- 5 oz (150g) dark meat from the leg
- 1 burdock (big size)
- 1 carrot (middle size)
- 6 - 8 taro
- 5 oz (150g) boiled Japanese butterbur
- 2 boiled bamboo shoots (small size)
- 1 sheet konjak
- 6 -8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 sliced ginger
- 2 cups soup stock
- sesame oil
- sake, mirin, soy sauce, salt, sugar
- Prepare ingredients
- dark meat from the leg : Cut into a bite-sized piece.
- burdock root: Wash well and scrape off rind with the back of knife. Chop up into a bite-sized piece and soak water for a while.
- carrrot: Pare and chop up into a bite-sized piece.
- taro: Pare and cut into a bite-sized piece.
- Japanese butterbur: Wash and cut into 1 inch long. If you use raw one, you see here.
- bamboo shoots: Wash and chop up into a bite-sized piece.
- konjak: Pick off ita konjak into a bite pieces and boil with a pinch of salt for 2 - 3 minutes.
- dried shiitake mushroom: Soak into water. Cut into a half.
- Pound 3 sliced ginger with the back of knife.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in the frying pan, put sliced ginger and dark meat from the leg. Saute until the surface of meat becomes whitish and take out meat.
- Put all ingredients 1) and saute quickly. Put all ingredients on the flat colander and pour boiled water on the ingredients to remove excess oil.
- Pour 2 cups soup stock into a pan and put meat and ingredients 4). Add 2 tablespoons sake, mirin, soy sauce and sugar, and a pinch of salt and heat. When soup stock comes to boil, simmer for 15 minutes over a middle flame. Sometimes mix with a spatula. At last, turn up the gas and boil down the broth.